Sunday, September 12, 2010

Camping Local?

Labor day weekend was our first attempt at camping locally. We reserved two sites at Salamonie Reservior for the long holiday weekend. Austin's best friends, Grant and Chase, along with their parents joined us. The weather was perfect. A little cool, but it gave me a taste of the up and coming fall season that I love so much. It warmed up enough to go boating the last couple days which we all extremely enjoyed. Abbie was impressed with all the "eagles" (also known as seagulls) that we saw on the boat. Tina let both girls try their hand at driving the boat as well. All of the boys (Larry, Doug, Austin, Chase and Grant) showed off their tubing and kneeboarding skills. I took some really neat action pictures which we all know will take me the next year to print off. The kids also enjoyed ending each day with a few hours of "jailbreak". Abbie was a little disgruntled that she really wasn't big enough to play, so her and I retreated to the camper for some bingo. Tina was a little envious of our family's attempt at "roughing it." Her and Doug insisted on sleeping in a tent right outside our camper, while the boys stayed with us. After freezing one evening and getting wet another, she entered the camper and said, "This is not camping." I replied with, "Ask me if I care." Overall, our first local camping trip was a huge success and we can't wait to do it again. It's amazing how many friends are willing to hang out with you when you aren't hours away:)

No comments:

Post a Comment