Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I've spoken too soon!

Well, I've spoken too soon. This has not been a good week so far. Abbie has no desire to attend Kindergarten anymore. She has shed more tears over the past two days than she probably has in the past two years:( She says she doesn't like it and doesn't want to go. Monday morning she cried about not liking lunch and not having help to open her milk carton. So then I worried about the poor child not getting anything to drink with her lunch. Last night after I put her to bed, she came downstairs to ask if she would ever get a break from Kindergarten. This a.m. she cried from the time she got up until she walked up the street to the bus. The only reason she wasn't crying when she got on the bus is because she got distracted by some squirrels. Where is Calgon when I need it? I spent her lunch period with her today and she seemed better. I was relieved to see that the lunch helper was checking to make sure everyone who needed help opening their milk got it. She had made a new friend and was busy talking to her when I left..no tears then Thank God! I was in tears a the shear joy of her maybe being happy for the first time in days. She had a better evening tonight and was asleep by 9 p.m. Praying the worse it over!

Leigha had a fun project her first day of school. She had a list of questions she was suppose to answer about herself and her family by bringing in items that represented her family. Her answers were quit entertaining. For the question, "What don't you like?" She took a picture of her brother and sister. I suggested she could tell her class that she doesn't like it when they pick on her. She forgot that part and just told the class she didn't like them...which received a frown from the teacher. Also, when she had to share something that made her family special, she came to me with a fake one dollar bill. She said, "Mommy, do you think our family is cheap?" I said, "I'd like to consider us frugal instead of cheap." She started giggling...that is what she was going to take to school to signify something special about her family....cheap? Is that all we are special for? Our thriftiness? What have I done to these children? Hopefully I changed her mind when I sprung for the $2 lip gloss she wanted at the drug store this eve:)

Austin is nickel and dimeing me to death with all of his extra curricular activities. We shopped for numerous football and school supplies a few weeks ago and last night we had to go shopping for a girdle. It is more football equip even though I always thought they were just women's undergarments. I'm sure he was wishing his dad would've taken him after I had a minor meltdown when the sports store refused the coupon they gave me with my last purchase there. It wouldn't have been so bad, but they seem to find some reason to not let me use them every time...My cheap (I mean frugal) self had had it! He also desperately needs to renew his subscription to XBOX live or the world may quit spinning on its axis. Not to mention his daily requests for a cell phone. Some of these items he's earned his own money to pay for but seriously...does he realize he usually makes more an hour than his mother does? Maybe after I remind him repeatedly he will. And so are the Days of our Lives.....

No comments:

Post a Comment