Tuesday, August 17, 2010

My Baby starts Kindergarten?

I don't know how it happened, but my baby grew old enough to start kindergarten today. These last few years have flown by. I've been in denial for months now but had to learn to deal with it this morning. She wasn't real excited about the idea but did really well. I think her open house and bus ride last night really helped matters. She also had a few friends in her class, Sully and Kirsten. When I dropped her off we hung up her bag, picked out her lunch, and she kissed me goodbye...never looked back. Amazingly enough I was so happy that she adjusted so well, I didn't even have to redo my makeup. I couldn't wait to pick her back up. It was hard to stay focused all day at work. When I picked her up, she ran up and greeted me with a great big hug (she's always been the best greeter). When I asked her what she'd done, she proceeded to tell me about all the things she didn't do. She didn't read books or learn to tie her shoes. My girl had pretty high expectations for her first day. Then she went on about having three recesses, reading a story, and going on an alphabet hunt. A tradition of ours is to go for a treat after school the first day. All Abbie wanted was chocolate milk from McD's.
Leigha said school was boring today. She didn't even get to learn. All they did were go over rules and more rules. Austin was happy hearing rules because it meant he didn't have to work. He was promised homework for tomorrow and isn't thrilled to say the least. He had his hopes up that the first week of school would be homework free. Looks like this new chapter is gonna be a fun and challenged filled adventure for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment