Monday, November 7, 2011

Too Long....

I am so disappointed in the time that I've let pass since my last entry. I keep telling myself that this going back to college thing will all be worth it and I hope that's true. I sometimes feel like I've put our lives on standby for the past two years, although I know that's not true. We've had some fab family moments that I've managed to document on camera (notice I didn't say film, cause I never develop them...they just hang in limbo on the memory card for years) I just haven't taken the time to write about them as I should. BUT...that all stops now! I am turning over a new leaf and plan to express my thoughts on the typed page a lot more these days. School is nearly over (YaHoo!) and they'll be no more standby for the Boggs 5. The past few months have had their share of noteworthy moments. Austin started Highschool, played on the special ops teams during the Varsity football games, acquired a girlfriend, attended his first Harvest Ball, and realized this growing up stuff is a lot of hard work. Leigha has been enjoying fifth grade where she's in the advanced classes. She also started taking dance again this year and enrolled in two classes and the opposite end of the spectrum: lyrical ballet and hip-hop....that's my kind of girl. She still waives as to what she'd like to do next year in middle school sports. Cheerleading sounds intriguing but Austin tells her she doesn't need the drama associated with that title...we'll see. When her hormones aren't making it difficult for us to get along, she is quite fun to hang out with. Although, I am beginning to quickly be replaced by her friends and a choice to hang out with. She'd be happy if we'd adopt a different friend every weekend of the year. Abigale is attending 1st Grade at O.J. and had the same teacher both Austin and Leigha had, Mrs. Barnett. This also happens to be her last year of teaching, which I think makes it pretty special that she got the pleasure of teaching all the Boggs children. Abbie has also started doing one of her favorites again: gymnastics. She enjoys it so much that I have a hard time getting her to leave when it's over. Although the drive gets a bit taxing, I do enjoy spending time with her on Thursday evenings and just listening to her jabber. On the way to lessons last week we passed what looked to be a rock quarry. She says,"Mommy, is that the mountain with the faces carved in it?" She was obviously referring to Mount Rushmore and it was had for me to not burst into laughter. I simply told her no and that we were pretty far away from that mountain. She also entertains us with her learning new phrases and things. She over heard me telling her brother that had nothing to complain about when his plans got cancelled and that she had gotten the shaft because hers had as well. She then looks up at me and says, "Mommy, what is the shaft and who is getting it?" Oops, another lesson to choose my words more wisely huh. Nonetheless, it's crazy around here getting everyone where they are suppose to be all the time, but I wouldn't change it for the world. However, I would make it so that Daddy could work a day shift job and get to enjoy his precious children at least as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment