Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Greater things are yet to come

What a week it's been already! It's almost scary when a week starts out as good as this one has for me (aside from the fact that Mr. Walker's funeral is this am but we know he's with Jesus and would want us celebrating about that) Yesterday I was able to work in the am and spend the afternoon with my sister, my niece and nephew, and my kids at the Eads' pond. What a beautiful afternoon. The sun and temperature were great therapy. That evening I then met my sis to take in the movie, "My Sister's Keeper". What an awesome, thought provoking film. We both thoroughly enjoyed it and spent the evening doing my two favorite things, laughing and crying at the same time. Sisters are truly fantastic! Then this morning Leigha and I went to church to meet with Dave and Mandy(our youth pastor and wife) to schedule Leigha's baptism. I am so excited for and proud of her. She has been inquiring for a few years about what it means to be baptized and I think she is going to be a great witness to the love of Jesus. She than asked if we could "celebrate" with breakfast and ice cream (at 10 am) from McDonalds. Let's pray the week continues on this course. It's pretty busy with us getting ready to leave on vacation next week so I'm sure the devil will do his best to bring me down. I'm praying I can stay strong in the Lord for he is sooooo GOOD to me! Thank you God for an awesome beginning to my week!

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome, Leigha!! I am so excited that you are taking this awesome step in Christ!!!

    ReplyDelete